My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokigawa-machi, Saitama, Japan

20 November 2006

How do you say "Gooble Gooble" in Japanese?

Before I forget and suddenly find that it's January, I wanted to wish all of you back in the States a Happy Thanksgiving! This is my favorite food and sports holiday, so the task I grant to all of you Stateside is to eat a double-dose of everything at your Thanksgiving dinner for me, watch the Macy's parade and laugh at all lipsynching on my behalf, as well as watch 1-2 extra football games in my honor. And for that, as they say here in Japan, "Uroshko onigaishimasu" = my best regards (so I've been told).

Here's a little international holiday tidbit for you- this Thursday is also a Thanksgiving national holiday here in Japan, but of course Japan's Thanksgiving it not the same as in the States. I don't know the full history behind the holiday or why they call it Thanksgving, but the full title of the holiday is "Labor Thanksgiving Day," so I've deduced (as I'm sure all of you have also), that the reason for the holiday is more closely associated with our Labor Day. Feel smarter? I hope so. I think I lost a few braincells on this entry, mainly from trying to produce mental images of traditional Thanksgiving gorging and lazing about.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home