My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokigawa-machi, Saitama, Japan

31 January 2008

It’s yuki-ing!

Written January 23:



It snowed all day today! It’s the first snowfall I’ve witnessed in Tokigawa in the past year and a half, and I’ve heard tell that it hasn’t snowed around these here parts for a few years.

Last night I went out to eat with some Japanese friends, and they mentioned how worried they were it was going to snow today. I’d heard the same story at least a dozen times during the past two winters and believed each time in the snow forecast, because so many people wouldn’t bother telling me about the forecast in English if it wasn’t really going to happen, right? Nothing ever came of any of the previous snow predictions, so I smirked off my friends’ concerns last night. How happy I am that Mother Nature chose to prove me wrong!

It was a soft, fluffy snow today. I had very few classes and my desk faces the large pictures windows of the teachers’ room, so I spent a good majority of my day watching the snow fall. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in the midst of a proper snow. It really does make winter more peaceful and serene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home